Saturday 4 May 2019

Catch up time then...

Well winter sure did kick my ass... The months since are totally my problem though.

I was having a lot of trouble arranging for photos of my finished things between the full time work and the dark months of winter, and then the light started coming back and I don't have any excuses for that, I've just been doing things that aren't this.

I did get a picture of the hat from the pink hand-spun yarns that I showed you last time I updated. Pattern is made up based on basic principles and a variation of the flower chart from here.


Sadly this is the best picture there is of this hat because since it was taken I left the bloody thing on a number 8 bus. We did ask lost property but they said nothing had been handed in, so I suppose someone out there got a new hat that day. I hope they're taking better care of it than I did.

I kept enough notes that I could make myself another though (possibly not out of hand-spun this time):
I started with 100 stitches in 2x2 rib for 15 rows, then increased every other stitch in stockinette for one row, then every third stitch for another, to give myself a repeat of 20 stitches.
If I do do it again I'll make the ribbing deeper so it stops falling off my ears.

Accompanying the hat in this picture, the project that immediately followed it - a pair of Gansey Wristers in Drops Alpaca. I have not yet left these on a bus, but one of them did spend a day in a puddle in the road when they fell out of my pocket. I was very grateful to find it again on my way home.

I made a pair of these for my brother's girlfriend as a Christmas present a few years ago, and have intended to make myself some ever since. Having started a job where I have hour-long lunch breaks their turn came around at last.


Next time: we'll start a little catch up, and a new project for a new member of the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stitch this?

It's harder for me to find time to write about what I'm making than it is to do the making, but while of course it sucks for those o...