Thursday 14 June 2018

Don't try to appeal to my impulse control, I haven't got one.

If I were left unattended with a reasonable income and plenty of storage space, I'd probably pick up a new craft or artistic technique about twice a year at least.
 With attentive company, a fairly low income and a bit more than half of one small flat to store my things, it's a little less frequent but I still have slips. And when Hobbycraft send you a birthday voucher, put shiny things by their tills, and have one of the sales assistants give you a nice pitch for a line of kits I think a slip is entirely forgivable.

 Plus, now I've made this lovely thing! (Instead of many hours work on any of the other dozens of projects in progress stashed about my home.)

I sort of wish I'd timed how long it took. I could guess at an average of a couple of hours work on it a day since I started it just over a week ago, but it would be a guess and probably a conservative one.

Of course now the embroidering is done I'm not sure what to do with it.

We have enough throw pillows about, enough art hanging on the walls, and I don't really know how I'd go about turning it into a patch or where I'd put it once I had(if you've any advice on that though, do let me know).

The upside I can insist upon is that I can now make better use of the assorted embroidery threads I bought myself to make friendship bracelets out of many moons ago, and the stash that came in grandma's sewing box (though I wish I knew why she needed at least six shades of pastel pink).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stitch this?

It's harder for me to find time to write about what I'm making than it is to do the making, but while of course it sucks for those o...